Vice President for Research: Providing resources and support for University of Utah’s researchers to foster an environment of creativity, discovery, and advanced knowledge.
Quick Resource Links from the VPR: Resources listed here include core facilities, internal procedures and policies, funding opportunities, research collaboration, initiatives, and networking.
Senior Vice President for Health Sciences Research Unit: The research unit’s major functions include institutional goal setting, oversight of graduate programs, the summer medical research program, training grant proposal support, financial modeling, pre-award support for basic science departments, research space management, new program development, and execution of the Health Sciences’ Research Strategic Initiatives.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI): Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is deeply committed to enhancing the success of diverse faculty, students, and staff, as part of our broader goal to enrich the educational experiences and success of all members of our university community.
Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI): Utah Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is the home for clinical and translational science in our institutions, the state of Utah, and within the Mountain West Region.
Vice President's Clinical and Translational (VPCAT) Research Scholars Program: The VPCAT Research Scholars Program has been designed to offer intensive mentorship and support to early-stage faculty members engaged in clinical and translational research in transitioning to accomplished, funded principal investigators.
Office of Budget and Institutional Analysis (OBIA): Institutional Analysis is home to data professionals dedicated to providing figures, analytics, and insights related to institutional student, faculty, and staff data.
Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR): OUR houses the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), the Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR), the Undergraduate Research Scholar Designation (URSD), holds the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS), and publishes the annual Undergraduate Research Journal. The OUR hosts workshops on research-related topics, offers small & travel grants, and advising for aspiring undergraduate student researchers.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Rates
- Partners for Innovation, Ventures, Outreach, and Technology (PIVOT)
- Office for Research Integrity and Compliance (ORIC)
Research Education and Training
- DFPM Mentoring Program: This program is designed for early-stage investigators and directed by Dr. Mia Hashibe.
- National Research Mentoring Network: A nationwide consortium of biomedical professionals and institutions that aims to enhance the participation and persistence of individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in biomedical research careers.
- Research Mentor Training: A one-day, eight-hour process-based training designed to help research mentors maximize the effectiveness of their mentoring relationships.
- Utah Stimulating Access to Research in Residency (StARR): This program is designed to prepare outstanding residents for a career in academic medicine and clinical investigation.